JAMB begins release of 2018 UTME examination results

Posted by Rachel Madison on 2018-03-13 14:43:00 | Views: 8 |

Popular Menu


JAMB begins release of 2018 UTME examination results

- The spokesperson of the JAMB, Fabian Benjamin, has confirmed that board has started releasing the results of the ongoing 2018 UTME

- Benjamin said board scrutinized the centres which led to the release of the results

- He, however, urged the candidates to visit the board’s website and check their results

The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has begun to release the results of the ongoing 2018 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).

Premium Times reports that the spokesperson of the board, Fabian Benjamin, confirmed the development.

Benjamin said the board has scrutinized the centres which led to the release of the results, urging the candidates to visit the board’s website and check their results.

READ ALSO: Few hours after leaving Nigeria, Trump fires Secretary of State Rex Tillerson

According to him, ''The results will be released in batches, candidates are free to check.''

Also, a candidate Segun Abidoye, who wrote the examination on Saturday, March 10 in Ilorin Kwara state, confirmed the development.

Abidoye said: ''The result was released in the midnight and I have obtained my scores.''

The board stating the results would not be released immediately, in order for it to review the activities of the candidates and to minimise the number of cancellations.

PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

The board had said: ''We want to monitor everything that happens through our CCT cameras.

''Last year, we proved a point that there is nothing extraordinary in the immediate release of results but we had to cancel some results when we found out what happened in some centres.

''So, if we have to take two or three days to look at the conduct of the candidates before releasing the result so as to minimise cancellation, then we will do so.''

Meanwhile, NAIJ.com had reported that JAMB advised candidates for the 2018 UTME yet to receive their examinations details to visit its website for such information.

The board’s head of media, Fabian Benjamin, gave the advice in an interview with on Friday, March 9, in Abuja, following complaints by candidates.

The examination commenced on Friday in JAMB approved computer based test centres with some 1.6 million candidates registered for test holding from March 9 to March 17.

Nigerians express mixed feelings as JAMB reduces admission cut-off to 120 - on NAIJ.com TV:

[embedded content]

Source: Naija.ng

Read Full Story Here.... :
Leave Comment Here :





Commentics

Sorry, there is a database problem.

Please check back shortly. Thanks.


Latest News: