Excitement as Buhari approves N10bn for rebuilding of Benue, others destroyed by suspected herdsmen

Posted by Rachel Madison on 2018-05-16 06:12:00 | Views: 6 |

Popular Menu


Excitement as Buhari approves N10bn for rebuilding of Benue, others destroyed by suspected herdsmen

- Vice President Yemi Osinbajo reveals that President Buhari has approved N10 billion for reconstruction of destroyed Benue communities and other affected states

- Osinbajo says Buhari appeals to Benue residents to take advantage of the anchor borrower’s programme

- Governor Ortom confirms that 69 babies have been born in the camps

There was excitement at a camp of the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in Benue on Tuesday, May 15, as Vice President Yemi Osinbajo announced that N10 billion had been approved by the federal government to rebuild destroyed areas in the state and its neighbouring areas.

Osinbajo, who visited the Abagena IDPs camp along Makurdi-Lafia road during his two-day visit to Benue state which commenced, said the approval was granted by President Muhammadu Buhari.

READ ALSO: Presidency reportedly denies Nigeria’s presence at US Jerusalem embassy opening

“All of these must be funded, so the president approved some money at the Food Security Council to rebuild where there have been destructions in the country including Benue. N10 billion had been approved for that and we will begin work as soon as possible so you (IDPs) could rebuild your lives again,” he said.

Daily Trust reports that the vice president also said Buhari mandated him to appeal to traders, farmers and artisans to take advantage of the federal government’s micro-credit schemes such as the anchor borrower’s programme.

Earlier, the secretary of the State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA), Emmanuel Shior, confirmed a total of 175, 070, people comprising of 80, 450 children were in eight camps across the state.

He said efforts were on to determine the number of those taking shelter in places other than approved camps.

PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

On his part, Governor Samuel Ortom acknowledged the additional troops deployed to the troubled areas of the state by the federal government recently.

He said that since their coming, the state had witnessed relative calm. He said 69 babies have so far been born in camps.

NAIJ.com earlier reported that Governor Samuel Ortom announced May 22, as work-free day to honour two priests of the Roman Catholic Church, who were killed recently in the state in an attack reportedly carried out by alleged herdsmen.

EXCLUSIVE: How Obasanjo's coalition will send Buhari packing - Kenny Martins. NAIJ.COM

[embedded content]

Subscribe to watch new videos

Source: Naija.ng

Read Full Story Here.... :
Leave Comment Here :





Commentics

Sorry, there is a database problem.

Please check back shortly. Thanks.


Latest News: